1. Income/expense projection spreadsheet
An important part of success in real estate is making plans to succeed. Here is a simple EXCEL spreadsheet which you can use to project your income, your business expenses, your income tax obligations, and the income available to you from your real estate practice. You can make assumptions about your transactions for different years to anticipate how your business may grow.
Note: this spreadsheet contains formulas that relate expenses to income and because these are best guesses on the part of the authors of the spreadsheet, they will not reflect your personal decisions and experience. However, the spreadsheet will help you set goals and plan for your success. It is a planning tool and not a guarantee.
2. Useful Links
- Maine Real Estate Commission (MREC)
- Maine Association of Realtors (MAR)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- The Association of Real Estate License Law Officials (ARELLO)
- Maine Real Estate Information System (MREIS)
- Maine Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- Bureau of Consumer Credit Protection
- Urban Land Institute
- Lincoln Institute of Land Policy